Started Oct 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Thomas Mitchell
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,422
Like?
Bravo, Canon
Oct 18, 2011

Just a word of praise and congratulations to Canon for creating what, based on previews, I can say surely must be a true technological work of art in the new 1DX. While not every piece of hardware will appeal to every photographer equally, Canon appears to have taken the 1D and 1Ds lines to their most logical evolutionary step, combining the two into one formidable camera that should fulfill the most demanding needs of virtually every capable DSLR user that comes in contact with it.

While I admit that I virtually no need whatsoever for one of these incredible new inventions, I still want to praise Canon for a job well done, from their implementation of an entirely new AF system, to the move not only to full frame and faster frame rates, but also their restraint in continuing a largely unnecessary pursuit for ever more megapixels. And to put it all in a package that appears to have been simplified with even LESS buttons and dials... brilliant!

Progress is always relative. Technology that was revolutionary ten years ago can appear practically simplistic today. I remember how impressed I was when the 1Ds Mark first came out. It was a solid metal chunk of photographic art. Nothing else at the time could touch it. This is the first camera since then that has inspired me to feel the same way.

Again, bravo Canon!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow