Dynamic Range -- what it is, what it's good for, and how much you 'need'

Started Oct 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
boggis the cat
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,284Gear list
Like?
Court is in session?
In reply to mrhodges2, Oct 18, 2011

mrhodges2 wrote:

The pathetic part is that like some others here, apparently you have trouble distinguishing where the pathetic behavior started

Wait a minute, M'lud Hodges:

Are you really saying that Joe needs to "explain" to us what DR is?

Not a rhetorical question: do you believe that the OSTF, in particular, does not understand what DR is? No technical BS or recourse to DxO nonsense -- just straight-forward DR as shown by the very example that Joe pointed to.

Prove your case.

If your pointing out that the OP is "pathetic" is acceptable forum behavior, certainly pointing out how your patheticness managed to supersede his , complete with support for my opinion, can hardly be faulted.

Support for your opinion? As in "evidence"?

Please do enlighten us all.

On the contrary though, like others of your ilk, you find it much easier to accuse me of being someone's lawyer rather than face the truth that your OWN behavior is unacceptable, and smacks of the same mentality that people use to defend prejudice, bigotry, racism and other forms of abusive behavior.

You appear to be implying, through this claim, that you support the proposition that we do need to have DR "explained" to us.

My counter is that the bigotry in this case is not on our part, as we did not start a topic with a transparently spurious "educational intent".

Would it be acceptable for me to start a topic in another brand-specific forum "explaining" what exposure is? Or how about "enlightening" them as to what EFL is?

I'm an avid Olympus owner, and forum member, but one who hotly detests idiotic forum members giving this place a bad reputation.

Tell his clown-ship to post somewhere else, then.

Problem solved.

That's something that a troll will never be able to do. Only good upstanding members such as yourself have that power.

Yes, your worship. Obviously someone putting up a post "explaining" what DR is to the OSTF specifically is in no way an attempt to cause trouble; and such sad individuals must be protected from having their obvious issues pointed out to them by nasty people like Mr Jolly.

(like ole' Boggis, demonstrating willful stupidity by totally ignoring the fact that GB qualified his position countless times with the stipulation of SAME SENSOR TECHNOLOGY)

"All other things being equal" was, I believe, the position. The fact that all things aren't is no obstacle to trying to insist that a theory is not only 100% correct (it's 96% correct, BTW) but also useful .

But wait, Joe, isn't it all about "total light"?

How is it that an APS-C system can out-perform a 135 system? The 135 system has more total light.
Oh, this must be an example of reality kicking theory square in the wedding
tackle. Thanks for clearing that up.

So, there you have it. What DR is and what it is useful for.

Well, it's just as well you posted this, as I'm sure that nobody on the OSTF had any idea what DR was.
Clown.

Maybe more like deliberate selective memory.

Fixed your selective quote, your honour.

Carry on.

boggis the cat's gear list:boggis the cat's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MathNew
You.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow