Dynamic Range -- what it is, what it's good for, and how much you 'need'

Started Oct 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
mrhodges2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,021
Like?
Re: Dynamic Range -- what it is, what it's good for, and how much you 'need'
In reply to Jolly Oly, Oct 17, 2011

Jolly Oly wrote:

This thread should be in open talk, but looks like you have the need to lecture us, again..
You're pathetic.

I'd like to raise a few of points:

1. There was a story told of a man that always complained about the baloney sandwiches that were packed in his lunch each day. One day a fellow co-worker suggested that he ask his wife to make him something else, to which his response was, "I would, but I make my OWN lunches". There may be a nugget of wisdom there that indirectly applies to your current complaint. It would seem to me that he is only lecturing those of us interested enough to click on this thread. Since that number includes you, why are you complaining?

2. Your use of the word "pathetic" to describe the OP begs the question of why are YOU here unless you subscribe to the "birds of a feather" doctrine.

3. If you are really serious about making sure that topics such as this one are not discussed in this forum, you seriously dropped the ball on this little 150 smasher:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&thread=39445047

Now, I agree that the OP did not specifically mention Olympus in his title and so may be slightly "pathetic", but for the same reasons as that thread was appropriate here, I think this one may be as well, especially in light of the fact that Oly cameras are said to have a slight handicap in that department.

4. Was the "Jolly" in your name a typo?

cheers
JO

5. Your use of the word, "cheers" directly after calling the OP pathetic was a bit of comic genius that made my day. THANKS!

Robert

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MathNew
You.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow