Started Oct 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Taltul
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Is SX230 the camera for me?
Oct 17, 2011

After reading several forums, I'm totally confused. I need a point and shoot with some zoom (not x18), ability to take videos, decent battery life and user friendly basic functions. I also want a camera where the battery (lithium) is recharged outside the camera. I print the photos in standard sizes (nothing super enlarged).

I love Canon cameras - actually all my cameras have been Canon (since 1975!) but it used to be a lot easier to choose because there were fewer models. I've always taken awesome photos with my Canons.

I've been considering the SX230 because I've read a lot of good reviews but I understand that it has a lower battery life and a slower time lapse between photos. I also read that to delete a photo in the Canon cameras requires several button presses. The last problem that I've read about is the flash which automatically pops up when the camera is turned on and that the flash is in a weird place.

I'm also considering the Olympus VR-310, Nikon S9100 and some of the Panasonic Lumix series.
I'd like to hear some feedback from someone who is using the SX230.
Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow