ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mid-Town_Guy
Regular MemberPosts: 286Gear list
Like?
Choice of 50's
Oct 17, 2011

Hello,

I will be able to pick up a new lens this xmas and just wanted some advice. I wanted to know if there is anyone on this forum who owns or has tried both the new 50mm 1.8G and the 50 1.4mm AF-d.

Is the 1.4d being about $80 more worth it? I have the 35mm 1.8G but wanted something a little longer for portraits (I have a new D90). I also have the 18-55 & 55-200mm VR but much prefer faster lens for the subject isolation. I love the lowlight capabilities of my 35mm and understand that for indoor use, many feel the 50 to be too long (but when using the 18-55, i'm almost always at the 55 end, and know what that focal length is like to shoot indoors and out).

It would be used for portraits of my wife and son, but also for street photography or anything else I come across...

If you had a choice, what would you pick?

I have also been considering the Tamron 60mm f/2.... but it is another $180 more...

Mid-Town_Guy's gear list:Mid-Town_Guy's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow