ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chocjellybean26
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
Tokina 11-16mm Any initial issues??
Oct 17, 2011

Hi guys,

I'm planning to purchase a Tokina 11-16mm for my Canon 60D for a holiday in Thailand in January.

Im going to get it from DWI as they are about $150 cheaper even with duty free off the lens from an Australia retailer. (Plus if I purchase it in Australia, all the items Im planning to get will be over the Australia tax threshold for duty free so I maybe taxed on the way back home, so prefer to go through DWI)

Just wonder how many of you have had issues with this lens ie decentering, soft focus etc, that you have had to send it back or for calibration etc?

Ive read of people having to go through 5 of them to find a good one and then others who had a good one right away. (On the note, Tokina Australia importers say they should be getting some in November but cannot even guarntee that as Tokina constantly change their shipping dates. And essentially due to their small shipments even if I get one from Australia, there may not be one to swap if it is faulty)

Realistically I dont want to buy it until around Decemeber, but I think the extra month or so may help if i do have any issues. (Tokina has a 2 year warrant anyway.) Especially as a lot of companies close for christmas etc.

What are your thoughts and past experiences?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow