Started Oct 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neotEric
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Wide lens for shooting apartments w/5D?
Oct 17, 2011

Hello, this is my first post! I am a noob to the SLR world, have a 5D body, and am looking for a decent price point wide lens to shoot interiors of apartments for rental listings.

A friend suggested the Sigma 12-24mm, but I was worried that due to its built on lens hood, I couldn't use a circular polarizer for shooting hardwood floor units, but according to the Amazon review from Terry (3rd one down on link), I can: http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-12-24mm-4-5-5-6-Aspherical-Cameras/dp/B0001VQ11U

The question is, for around the $ of this Sigma, is it the best choice for what I am doing? Some of the apartment units may have small rooms or bathroom, so I need a lens that will have little distortion and give me as much real estate (hahaha) as possible. Thank you for your response.

Also, sorry if I'm only supposed to ask about Canon brand lenses in this area. Wasn't sure if it was lenses for Canon cameras, or only Canon lenses...?

~ Eric

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow