Started Oct 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kazkioken
Contributing MemberPosts: 509
Like?
Voigtlander 35mm/f1.4 Nokton and 50mm/f1.1 Nokton Samples on NEX-5N
Oct 17, 2011

Thought I'd post some samples of these lenses in different situations for those looking to use manual lenses; I mainly use various CV's with this camera. I primarily use my Nex as a casual camera and don't have a "pro" camera - will probably get the 7 when it comes out. I mainly use the EVF with focus peaking and focus magnification.

There is some trouble with these lenses getting purple fringing whenever there is a hard white edge against anything else that is of high contrast. I removed the CA on the third image (which is an OOC jpeg) with Photoshop, I haven't found a good way in Lightroom yet that can handle the huge CA.

Other than that which is manageable, I find these CV lenses to be great for the money and have some character that is completely subjective to the user. The first two are from the race shop that works on my Lotus. The third and fourth are from a recent shoot I did for a client and thought I would take advantage of all the fancy lighting to see what the camera could do. Fifth is at the grocery and last just this woman I saw during lunch today. These aren't "serious" art photos just casual snaps to demonstrate technical capability.

Oh and the 50mm 1.1 Nokton is heavy for this tiny body. I usually carry the camera by the lens when this one is on.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow