ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ann404
Regular MemberPosts: 100
Like?
Just a few more ??? Looking at the G3
Oct 16, 2011

Hi,
I'm back with a few more questions. I'm looking at the Panasonic G3 and the GH2.

Ok first (and unrelated to those cameras) In general am I going to see a huge improvement coming from my Canon S5 IF I only plan to shoot in jpeg formate. Maybe I'll go to raw at some point, but for now I think learning a whole new camera is enough.

On the G3 it's a 16 mp camera, Can my photoshop CS3 handle this? Or am I going to be opening one picture at a time. I have a 3g 2 core processor computer, but on-board video. Yes it can handle a 12mp jpeg, but there is a slowness to it.

Image stabilization is Lens-based on specific lenses --- Is this good or bad????? Does this simply mean I'll spend less now on the camera body and more on lenses??? Whereas if I went with a more exspensive camera body with image stabilization I'd save on lenes. Please remember I'm just learning about DSLR and the differences in the M 3/4 system. Also which one camera or lens is faster when compared to my S5??

Lastly (for now atleast:) I'm guessing that I can heavy crop a 16mp photo (maybe in half) and still get a very nice 8 x 10. Or is it more likely I'll need to invest in some big zoom lenses too??

I so thank all the kind folks here that are taking the time to answer my question, many thanks! Ann

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow