Started Oct 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Christopher D Mann
Regular MemberPosts: 350Gear list
Like?
Loop lighting
Oct 16, 2011

Hello all, Was wondering if you can help me here. I am trying to achive the loop lighting look on my subject. I am using to photoplex softboxes the main light is the 24x32 powered with a 580EXII as key light and second box is the 16x22 powered by the same flash that I have been using for sepration light for background if in darker sceen or fill light with better ambient light. Have been firing both flashes with radio poppers with ST-E2 transmitter in ETTL mode. I have come close to the look i want but wondering if I might be placing my Key light to high and maybe at wrong angle pointed down at subject. Have been using a 30 to 45 degree angle at subject and have been placing bottom edge of soft box at camera height. Or just above camera height with me standing I am very tall and this could possibly be problem. Just need help with a good starting point setting key and fill lights. and as you shoot from fill flash position does fill light move with you as you change positions. Thanks.

Christopher D Mann's gear list:Christopher D Mann's gear list
Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Nik Silver Efex Pro
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow