Will there be a true ProPEN?

Started Oct 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
Marvin Doering
Senior MemberPosts: 1,574Gear list
Like?
Depends on definition of Pro
In reply to jungoo, Oct 16, 2011

If you define a Pro as anyone who makes money from their pictures then almost any camera yielding good results is already a Pro camera. Wedding photographers make money so they qualify. They rarely need to blow anything up beyond 8/10 and the 4/3 cameras all produce great prints that size. So too, I imagine, do the m4/3, albeit without a good lens base as yet. Also, Wedding photographers would be unlikely to require weather sealed cameras except in bizarre circumstances. On the other hand, if you define Pro cameras as those used to produce advertising, catalogs, or huge 40 inch prints then no, I don't think there will ever be a 4/3 or m4/3 Pro camera. Most catalog producers insist on huge files, even bigger, in some cases, than you get from a full frame Canikon. By their standards, my E-5 isn't close to qualifying. For that reason, unless Olympus gives up the 4/3(m4/3) sensor with it's limited resolution they will never compete with a Pro camera. What Olympus makes is the best lenses in the business for their particular format.
--
MRD

Marvin Doering's gear list:Marvin Doering's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow