Need help with a D90 focus issue

Started Oct 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
Michael T
Regular MemberPosts: 244Gear list
Like?
You can manually adjust the focus point of the D90
In reply to joe3rd619, Oct 16, 2011

I have been using the the D90 for almost 2 years and for some reasons, it has the off focus problem 2 months ago. I did not drop it, hit it in any way, it just off focus. I am still using all the time the kit lens and the 70-300mm. May be aging of the D90 is the reason.

I found on internet that it is possible to adjsut the foucs point by yourself. Here is a link:

http://www.howtoshot.com/82/how-to-fix-front-focus-nikon-d90-d80-back-focus-problem/

After testing with my lens, I started to do the operation myself. I was also a bit hesitate but so what, the worst was sent it to Nikon service and pay them for adjustment if I do it wrong. Be careful, not to touch the sensor.

I can tell you, it is very easy, I made only 3 adjustments, test shots between each adjustment and overall it took me 30 min. or so. The focus was perfect again. Perhaps even better than before.

Of course, doing this is always on your own risk. Good luck.

Michael

Michael T's gear list:Michael T's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow