Started Oct 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rfielder
Regular MemberPosts: 482Gear list
Like?
Toronto Exposure Camera Show
Oct 15, 2011

This is really Henry's massive marketing, but it is worth attending.

This time, I was dissapointed in some ways, but impressed in others.

The parking lot at the International Centre in Malton was packed - I ended up parking offsite. However, there were other shows happening, and the camera show was really not all the crowded.

I played with an A77 with the 16-105 Sony lens. Nice. If I win a lottery, this is definitely on my short list!

Also played with an A900 and 135mm F1.8. I could use this just fine......

Sigma had a 200-500mm F2.8 zoom lens out for people to play with. Wow! I deliberatly did NOT look at the price tag.....

Magazines were there, other lesser ( ) brands were there, Tamron was there with a very small booth, lots of seminars.

My reasons for dissapointment:

• The Sony booth did not have a 35mm F1.8 lens in Alpha mount

• the Sigma booth did not have a 30mm F1.4 lens in Alpha mount. They showed me one in Nikon mount, which was kind of useless to me....

• Henry's was not giving any show prices for purchases. At least, not for the ones I looked at - Alpha bodies seemed to be the same price as in the store, and the price for the 35mm F1.8 was $249.

There are a couple of other things I wanted to see about, but since there were no show discounts, I left and will get them elsewhere. This is simple stuff - a case for holding filters, lens cleaning supplies, etc.

Anyone else go? Any other impressions/deals/feedback?

-- hide signature --

Robert Fielder
Brampton, ON, Canada

rfielder's gear list:rfielder's gear list
Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II PZD Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow