ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sunshine_boy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,549Gear list
Like?
Help with Color Space(s)
Oct 15, 2011

This is something that bothers me and definitely need some guidance on:

I have a fair idea of what a color space is, its capabilities and limitations. What my problem is is that I cannot see (in a literal sense) the difference. When I have an image in two versions of two different color spaces, the darn thing looks iidentical to me in both versions...

I am using Firefox, Fast Stone Viewer, PS and ACR

I thought that, maybe, I think that I have it in 2 color spaces but in reality it is in the same in both versions. Hence asking for your help here.

Please let me know of the steps that I need to go through (in PS) to end up with the same image in two versions, A: sRGB and B: Adobe RGB and what I should look for to tell them apart when I view them either in PS or FSV (or FF)

Please let me know what format the starting image should be in, i.e. raw, jpeg, sRGB, Adobe RGB, and/or any other relevant factor. The end result should be 2 images (jpegs) on my desktop, one in sRGB and the other in Adobe RGB, ready to be viewed with either Firefox or FSV.

I'll appreciate some clear Photoshop instructions on:
1. How can I tell the color space of the image I am looking at?
2. How can I convert it to another color space and save it in jpeg?
3. Is it better to convert to a specific color space when intending to print?

Thank you for your time and patience...

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Sunshine

ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

Sunshine_boy's gear list:Sunshine_boy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd Olympus C-4000 Zoom Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D60
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow