Want a good quality zoom under 1k...plz help

Started Oct 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
garykohs
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,637Gear list
Like?
Re: Want a good quality zoom under 1k...plz help
In reply to garypaul1256, Oct 15, 2011

If you can find a good copy of the Sigma 50-150/2.8 HSMII you should buy it. It's exactly what you are looking for.

garypaul1256 wrote:

imarollingstone wrote:

What are you trying to shoot? That would give us an idea of what to recommend. Typically, a fast high quality lens is going to be expensive. If you are willing to compromise on something, you might be able to get something to meet your needs.
--
Shawn

Well I tried the Tamron 18-270mm but its IQ wasn't up to my standards. The same goes for the Sony 75-300mm the IQ wasn't there.

I want to shoot mostly portrait but I am going to Disney about every year and want versatility while there. Also like I stated before I noticed most of my pics were at the 55mm range and felt I needed more in some cases. Low light quality is important because of night time activities such as parades fireworks and just being there till the late hours through the night. Inside the shop at Epcot are always set with not much lighting also.

-- hide signature --

Gary

garykohs's gear list:garykohs's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow