Started Oct 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ddushko
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Canon BCI6 refill
Oct 13, 2011

After several years of exclusively using OEM inks I have decided to start refilling with OCP. Reading the cloggging of Epsons thread, http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1003&thread=39558355 , a question comes to my mind.

I have two heads for my iP8500. The original one and a replacement one which has never been used. Currently I have 2 cartridges (OEM) almost empty, but the remaining 6 are almost full (OEM). Having in mind that the green and the red inks last quite a long time I have 3 choices:

1. To refill the two empty cartridges with the OCP ink and use the printer for unimportant prints until all cartridges are flushed and full with the same ink.
2. Profile often to "compensate" for the unpredictable ink mixture.
3. To use the new head with OCP inks and the old one with OEM inks.

What is your opinion about these options. I have a very good experience with drying and clogging. I have the printer since 2007 and sometimes did not use it for months. I have never had a clogged head. So, from this point of view, in my opinion, its reasonable to expect that taking out the head with the OEM inks and keeping it unused for several weeks will not lead to problems, and I will be able to switch between OEM and OCP, replacing the print heads...

ddushko

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow