Who wants to be a moderator?

Started Sep 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
zoomring
Regular MemberPosts: 342
Like?
Re: Who wants to be a moderator?
In reply to newday, Oct 13, 2011

newday wrote:

I was a moderator for the German language forum on istock for 2,5 years. It was a very fascinating and enriching experience, especially because my collegue and me were both new at this and building the community was great fun.

However, if you take it seriously, it is a very, very time consuming activity. It is not just the threads in "your" forum, that you need to keep track of. Because you are an admin you will be getting many emails and sitemails with all kinds of questions. People´s sensitivies are vastly different and you´ll be amazed at how many people who never post in the forum still read and can feel insulted by what is written...

Then you also get a lot of questions from the members who are not native English speakers asking for explanations or translations.

On the other hand, it is a lot of fun and a great way to meet people, especially if you can organize local meet ups as well.

If you have previous experience in any type of customer service job, that would be useful, because you will then have the patience necessary and won´t take anything personal.

Well Said and that is an excellent description of how time consuming the position is, which makes it more ludricous that DPREVIEW does not want to pay people for this kind of work, despite being owned by the richest on-line retailer in the world.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow