7d or A77 (Don't be a fan boy and persade me with opinions) I want facts.

Started Oct 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mandude
Regular MemberPosts: 378
Like?
7d or A77 (Don't be a fan boy and persade me with opinions) I want facts.
Oct 13, 2011

First off I am not worried about brand of DSLR to an extent yes. I now have to lets this go off my chest. I am very confused and have over read and read into to many opinions of 7d vs A77. I have been looking at the 7d for quite sometime now and was about to buy it until I heard about the a77. My thoughts are Canon 7d, tried, trusted and proven. A77 just opinions and lots of what it should do and not what it can do except here and there for people who got one early.

ISO performance for 7d is quite well for what I'll be using for. It's not a huge impact for ISO, having high ISO performance, one of those things like 4 wheel drive, even though you may not use it a lot or at all, when you do need it you got it and you are very happy. In terms of technology, 7d is a 2009 model. and the a77 is a 2011. It seems though the 7d seems quite new still. I do lots of sports photography, weddings, portrait work. my main sport is Equestrian, horse jumping, eventing, stadium jumping, indoor jumping, can't use flash sometimes.

I need high speed performance. The a77 as the 12fps but it has to be wide open, sometimes though a lens wide open doesn't shoot it's sharpest. (correct me if I'm wrong).

The a77 buffer is well very small, the 7d has an unlimited jpeg buffer, so even if the a77 shoots 12fps and the buffer fills and it takes 3 seconds, the 7d already shot 24 photo's that's huge! does the canon 7d 8 fps give you full control? Does the canon out of the box shoot 8 fps, don't have to buy addition bat grip? I don't have the money to buy both and test them out. What are your thoughts, harsh good, bad, ugly whatever. 7d or A77?

Do reply with your opinion as canon this canon that, or sony this sony that. I want facts, real data, I know a77 has yet to be proven and has a ways to go. But enough people have it so they should be able to chime in. Has anybody went from a 7d to A77? what are your thoughts?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow