Senior MemberPosts: 1,018Gear list
Like?
Re: One of the great milc myths
In reply to Anders W, Oct 12, 2011

Anders W wrote:

I don't need a bigger sensor and the fact that m43,

Understand what I mean?

Honestly, no!

If I may join in, I do understand his point, which is: that a system (m43 in your case) is the best for you does not amount to it being the best in absolute terms.

As a Canon SLR shooter with quite an investment in bodies/lenses/stuff, I am looking for a second system which would be more portable but not at (great) expense of image quality. I am keenly eyeing both NEX and m43 for this purpose, trying to choose so that I wouldn't regret it in the future.

I have to agree with Aberoni that as IQ goes down in parallel to the reduction of sensor size - not a good thing, certainly - and so does overall package size - now that's desirable - it is up to every prospective buyer to decide where in the sliding scale their sweet spot for quality/portability balance is.

No problem in accepting your choice where to stop on that scale, but wherever you do, you should not be touting your choice as the sole correct one. Some will find the V1 even better FOR THEM, despite further quality reduction from m43; others will stop only as as far down as the NEX, sacrificing some portability for the better IQ coming from a larger sensor.

-- hide signature --

A travel gallery of my country and some others:
http://www.pbase.com/lithuania

Gediminas 8's gear list:Gediminas 8's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow