Started Oct 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 17,540Gear list
Like?
Re: Fascinating.....
In reply to dro1, Oct 12, 2011

dro1 wrote:

tedolf,

I've been hearing about this lens of yours for some time now so I did a search and found exactly the one you describe. Didn't get it for $19 but it wasn't a lot more.
Just ordered it for €25.

I hope the Industar is all you claim it to be.

Its good for indoor portraits, and outdoors OK with a hood.

I did a thread about it so you might want to do a search. Some other people here own it too and they put there comments and tips in that thread.

Also, you can go to my Gallery and you will find an Album just with photos from this lens.

Any tips please?

If you got a new old stock (NOS) lens it will absolutley look like new. Howerver, the grease on the helicoid will have dried up into something the consistency of bee's wax. The outer lens needs to be disasembled (easy), the focusing threads cleaned with a solvent (Windex works OK) and regreased (use waterproof bicycle bearing grease) then the focus action will be silky smooth. Instructions with pictures are avialable on the Internet.

The mount has some radial play in it, but it doesn't seem to effect IQ.

As I said the only weakness of this lens is flare and ghosting in bright overcast days. Otherwise, using a hood outdoors seems to work fine.

Have fun, it takes great portraits and enough reqach to be useful outdoors.

Dil

-- hide signature --

Maximus Decimus Tedolphus

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow