Started Oct 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
holyfan
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
So no new model above A77, but still possibly a new A7X camera
Oct 12, 2011

Ok, Paul George of Sony UK said: "However, in actual fact its probably better to state that the a77 is now in the range for a while, and the next high end introduction will be featuring the number ’9x’ naming…………… now watch what happens to the rumour mill! )” "

this pretty much eliminates any chance that there is a A7X model that is above A77, but Paul said "the next HIGH END introduction is number "9x". That doesn't rule out the possibility that there can still be a MID-RANGE (non high-end) introduction for a A7X camera between the A77 and A65.

I'm hoping Andrea's trusted source is right on this one, as I actually want something between the A77 and the A65.

I want an A65 with Joystick control and focus assist lamp, and ability to change flash compensation separate from exposure compensation in the menu. And two dials. I'd prefer the Nex 5N sensor although I understand it is pretty much a tweaked A55 sensor but its still a little better for high iso and we need all the iso performance we can with the translucent mirror.

No need for weather sealed, flash socket, top LCD, and that awkward focus mode selector switch on the left front side of the A77, and plastic construction of A65 is fine with me.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow