M43 video performance - best choice? and Q on EP-3 Video and 2X teleconversion mode

Started Oct 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mark Chan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,650
Like?
M43 video performance - best choice? and Q on EP-3 Video and 2X teleconversion mode
Oct 12, 2011

I was reading up on PANA's options for video and AF tracking as my wife has been complaining / requesting for a reliable AF tracking video which with my limited experience the EP-3 apparently can't provide. And I cam across the PANA's teleconversion mode for GH2.

I will try this at home later but just want to check if anyone has attempted this with the EP3 and 2x teleconversion.

If they work with no deterioration of quality then I think that's quite a plus - 150mm X 2 X 2 = 600mm video range!!

Now to my main Q. Assuming (haven't confirmed yet) that the EP-3 can't do reliable AF tracking, what options do I have - I don't want the NEX. I understand the GH2 has great AF tracking but wonder if the G3 or GF2 / 3 have the same ability.

Is the only recommendable option the GH2 - I need to be videoing running toddlers. Obviously I need to check the EP-3 and see if it really drops the ball here but have been using primes recently which aren't a good choice for video.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow