Would you use an E-P3 or E-PL3 for a paying job?

Started Sep 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
artistguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 716Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you use an E-P3 or E-PL3 for a paying job?
In reply to adech, Oct 11, 2011

"Looking PRO"

seems a lot of threads on this forum lead to this subject, mainly from a "is M43 gear good enough to be PRO?".

I've recently started using M43 in the form of Pana GF2 and G3, my working tools are a 5D and 1DsII for portrait and weddings. My own experience about the 'PRO' thing is that being pro is about how you run your business, how you listen to the client, how you plan the shoot, how you deliver their expectations on time at the quality they expect. The gear is important only as far as it has to be able to deliver on those expectations (low light, poor weather, ability to fire studio flash, reliability etc) and back up is essential.

I'm liking M43rds for its compact size, light weight, and advanced features but have found it very unforgiving of any under exposure, not a problem in the studio as the lighting makes up for any need. I'm experimenting with a M43/canon ef adaptor to use my Canon low light portrait lenses and loving the experience.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow