32 GB or 64 GB SD cards?

Started Oct 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
skyglider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,191Gear list
Like?
Re: I suppose it depends on how you shoot
In reply to normsmith, Oct 10, 2011

normsmith wrote:

Today I bought a Scandisk Extreme, class 10 with 30MB/s transfer BUT at 4GB for around £15

I use 4's and 8's simply to avoid losing loads of images in the event of a corrupt card.

I don't do much video and I don't use my camera like a machine gun - I delete a lot of shots while in the camera as I despair sitting in front of a computer facing 100's of images to process.

I shoot in RAW and find 4GB cards a good compromise at 200 shots per card.

Hi Normsmith,

Thanks for sharing your info. Regarding

• I delete a lot of shots while in the camera as I despair sitting in front of a computer facing 100's of images to process.

If you haven't tried file tagging to delete images, maybe try the free "Faststone Image Viewer". Enable file tagging and you can go through your images full screen on your computer and press the "\" key to tag images you don't want to keep. After all of the non-keepers have been tagged, return to the browser screen, use the "select tagged images" option and delete all of the non-keepers in one shot. Makes culling images very quick and easy and viewing them full screen on the computer monitor makes decisions easier.

You can do it in reverse and tag the images you want to keep. Then use the "select all untagged images" option and delete the non-keepers that way. But I have far more keepers than non-keepers so I tag the non-keepers.

Just one free way to cull images,
Sky

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow