Pro Photog A77 Thoughts + Hands on Experience

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
Minolta Pro - NZ
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?
Re: Pro Photog A77 Thoughts + Hands on Experience
In reply to Ross Drummond, Oct 9, 2011

Hi Ross,

I have 2X identical 8-16mm Sigmas - 1 is about 2 yrs old or whenever they realeased them, and 1 was purchased the same day as the A77 ( The reason I have 2 is that due to the nature of my work, I have legally binding contracts to deliver regular photos of sites and as my original one has already had one nasty contact with concrete, 1 need to have a backup option. Since the Japanese Tsunami, some Sigma lenses ( Including this one ) have been in short supply here in New Zealand

Both work fine on the A77

Ross Drummond wrote:

Stu

I see that several of your photos posted were at 8mm and assume that you are using the Sigma 8-16 mm lens. Corkcampbell notes another Sigma lens which he is using. Is it your experience that with newer Sigma lenses (purchased post A33/A55 problems) that there are no difficulties with these lenses and the A77? I am very encouraged as I also own the Sigma 8-16 which was purchased after the lens modifications to make it work with the A55 and didn't really want to have to send it back to Sigma for rechipping.
--
-----
Ross
SN 9903081
'Charter Member of the Konica Minolta 7D Adoption Society'
SN 1400255 Sony A700
SN 1660180 Sony SLT-A55V
A77 pre-ordered

-- hide signature --

Stu Jackson
Fulltime Professional Photographer since 1987 - using Minolta/Sony exclusively!
Photo-One
P.O.Box 400
Timaru
New Zealand
+64 274 342 372
minolta@photographs.co.nz - all comments welcome

Minolta Pro - NZ's gear list:Minolta Pro - NZ's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony a77 II +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow