NEX 7 Hands-On video with samples

Started Sep 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
TCSJordan
Regular MemberPosts: 232
Like?
Re: Jordan, How did the sensor perform???
In reply to Mike C, Oct 9, 2011

Mike C wrote:

Some weddings can last over 29 minutes. If the sensor doesn't seem to overheat that will allow an immediate video restart once the first 29 minutes of video is finished writing to the card.

We'll have to test this once we get a production sample. Our longest clips were only a minute at the most.

You'll have to head West and provide some pre-Winter samples from Nakiska... or along the highway at Canmore.....

Finally, of the Sony NEX zooms (dedicated for this camera) which would your recommend??? Roughly 20mm-200mm range. After that a decent fast 50mm equivalent with a 1.8 to 2.2 max is next on the list.

In my opinion the major limitation of the NEX system is the lack of lenses right now. Sony does make a nice 18-200 lens optimized for video, but it is quite large on the NEX cams. As far as a 50mm equivalent, Sony just has the slow 30mm F3.5 macro. Zeiss did announce that they will be producing lenses natively in the NEX mount, hopefully we'll see their 35mmm F2 for the system, it's one of my favourite lenses. We shot shot this entire video almost exclusively with that lens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfnv9pRUJrU

Thanks Again for the great video of the NEX-7. I wasn't sure of your location until I saw the Tower in the background.....

-- hide signature --

Mike C
Denver, CO

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow