Is it me, or a lot of people jumping ship for Canon?

Started Oct 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
olindacat
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
Is it me, or a lot of people jumping ship for Canon?
Oct 8, 2011

This isn't my area so go easy on me, but I have been shopping for lenses on CL and other forums and have seen a huge influx of what look like entire Nikon systems being sold by pros. Some even flatly declare they are switching to Canon in their ads. Both companies (Canon and Nikon) seem to be reluctant to release enough info about their intentions for us to do anything other than visit this site daily to read rumors and opinion, rather than facts related to what they intend to do. Now, I have a D2X and bought it new in 2005. I have been waiting for the D3 successor because, like it or not, I do need to incorporate video with my workflow and know that this is an evolving science. So, no, the D700 or D3S weren't ready, IMHO. But I am praying something down the pike is. Now, I just invested in the 14-24, and am looking at swapping out my VRI for a VRII 70-200, as well as a 300 2.8, but good grief what if this is a huge mistake and Nikon drops the ball on us? I know this is not their intent, but I always seem to be the last one to find out or realize what an idiot I have been. Do these people know more than me or us?

-- hide signature --

Aloha and have a nice day!

olindacat's gear list:olindacat's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Higuma MOD
Higuma MOD
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow