Flat view
gareth hacon
Regular MemberPosts: 116
Like?
Nikon D3X DSLR and 17-35mm AF-S 2.8 ED **£3500**
Oct 8, 2011

I have posted article on the Forums about a week ago;

http://forums.dpreview.com/...forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=39449948

I am at present waiting for an opportunity to move into entry level medium format digital. I can list on e-bay but as I posted the above article here first I thought it fair to offer this on DPreview. Once I find out that I have secured the camera I will honour the price that I advertise as the money will be needed shortly. I do ask that in the event of me missing the opportunity to get the camera I will retain the D3X and the 17-35mm lens. I decided to post early to give potential buyers time to raise capital if need be.

Nikon D3X

I am sure that you have read the review on this website so I won't need to tell you how great this camera performs. I have bought from new and it has been used for landscape photography, the unit always stored in a camera bag after use. It is in very good condition and the only signs of use is a light rubbing on the lens release button and a very, very small nick on the LCD screen (causes zero problems what so ever!!) apart from that this camera is and performs flawless, comes with original packaging. It has around 23K shutter actions an the battery only just registered an 2 0f 4 meaning I have used a quarter of the battery life and around 1/10th the life of the shutter actions.

Nikon AF-S 17-35mm 2.8ED

This was bought used and lens optics are clean and free from scratches. It has been fully serviced by Nikon including new dampers and autofocus chip, since the service I have always used with manual focus so the lens performs as new. I don't have a lens hood and they can be picked up cheaply, again the only cosmetic imperfections to the lens is where I have used the LEE filter system with the wide angle lens adapter and the surface of the black metal paint shows signs of use.

For anyone who is wanting to get into high end pro 35mm DSLR and also for someone who is interested in landscapes this is the current best performing camera on the market and the lens is one of Nikon's best wide angle landscape lenses!!

I will be looking for £3500 for both the D3X and the 17-35mm 2.8 AF-S ED saving at least £2500 if purchased new!! Like I said I am after funds quickly but please do not haggle on the price and I will only deal with UK residents. I feel that this is a VERY reasonable price and I will contact genuine buyers on a first come first basis (please respond with your name, contact telephone/mobile no. and e-mail address) . I ask the buyer to collect and pay by cash which you can meet my at my photography gallery at Saltmarsh Coast Gallery, 35a Staithe Street, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk where you can see some of the files that I have printed from both the camera and lens. For a working photographer this will pay for itself in a short period. I will provide a sales receipt where needed. Be rest assured this model has been owned from new and has been well looked after.

Like I said if I am unsuccessful getting the medium format DSLR I will keep this camera but if otherwise I will need to sell the camera quickly, please be availably within a couple of days if successful.

Thank You

Gareth Hacon

FOR SALE STATUS:
Thread open
View using Google Maps: Norfolk, United Kingdom

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow