Started Oct 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
HarryP
Contributing MemberPosts: 982Gear list
Like?
Re: for example
In reply to John_A_G, Oct 7, 2011

John_A_G wrote:

wkc wrote:

The OP is using a CZ 85mm f1.4, a notorious slow focusing lens, to shoot action scene. I say that he did quite well with this combo.

If first post indicates the photos posted were used to demonstrate how well the camera does at taking action photos. Not an entry level camera - a prosumer level camera. Neither subject is in focus - and focus was exactly what the OP said they were demonstrating. If the OP just posted a "hey, took some pics and wanted to share them" post it wouldn't merit a negative comment. But if you're going to write a post where you're supposed to be talking about the abilities of a PROSUMER (not entry level) piece of equipment - the photos should demonstrate that.

Quite honestly, with neither subject in focus, can you honestly determine the camera did it's job?

Sorry if that concept ruffles feathers. If people just want to share snapshots - that's what facebook is for. Heck, even here is fine - but if you post about this level of gear and you want your post to attest to the capabilities of gear that is competing with the D300s / 7D, the expectations for the test case are goig to be higher than they would if you were simply talking about the entry level model.

I think we've got your message John, no need to explain over 3 to 4 posts.

Anyways, I too am very curious to get my hands on an A77 to see the capability of the AF tracking. I am eager to see how it compares to the high end pro caliber Canon's & Nikon's.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow