Started Oct 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jimizell
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
A77: Action Samples
Oct 7, 2011

In an earlier thread I wrote about my first impression of the SLT A77 and my first experience with the camera on a mini portrait shoot. This time I was enlisted to help photograph my school's "Sports Day".

I shot JPEG Fine and utilized continuos autofocus, tracking, no face tracking, no smile detection, and auto ISO. I shot Aperture Priority at continuous hi and 12FPS mode.

I am thoroughly impressed with the 12FPS burst. With a Sony Memory Stick Pro - HG Duo HX, the buffer clears fast enough that I don't notice unless I completely saturate the buffer and shoot at a reduced FPS. But utilizing micro bursts at that setting I could burst 6-10 shots rapidly.

My lens for the day was the 85 ZA. It's not an ideal lens for sports given it's older screw driven motor and less than swift focusing but it gave me a surprising number of in focus shots.

The more I put the A77 though its paces, the more I'm convinced that with a few firmware tweaks, it could be a classic.

-- hide signature --

thoughts, ,musing, and randomness -   http://lifen35mm.blogspot.com/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow