Hmmmm.... S100 or iPhone 4S?

Started Oct 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,733
Like?
Re: Hmmmm.... S100 or iPhone 4S?
In reply to dgehrke, Oct 7, 2011

dgehrke wrote:

Seems mostly a debate about convenience.

Convenience is a personal experience. What is convenient for you may not be convenient for me. It is however undisputable that any phone camera is smaller than any camera plus a phone would be. No one can argue that.

If my truck is broken down miles from nowhere I'd be more than happy to fix it with whatever tools I have available.

Being well prepared is better than getting stuck with a broken down truck in the middle of nowhere and only have a small screwdriver with you, designed for repairing watches. There are occasions when you should realize that it is a waste of time to even try. That's called life experience, or knowledge.

My expensive set at home would be of no value.

Quite the opposite, it is at home you need to learn and prepare, not in the middle of nowhere, where the truck broke down. It is based on that experience you should decide what to do and what not to do and what is pointless even to try.

Would be a pity to miss any photo opportunity for lack of a camera.

I disagree, unless it is a "Breaking news" million dollar photo.

I own a 5DII, S90, and an iPhone and gladly take whatever I get.

I own a D300s, a G10 and several other cameras. I also own a Nokia N95. It is a very good cell phone camera but never gets used because I have not yet found myself in the middle of a "Breaking news" million dollar photo opportunity. Maybe one day...

…but we are all different.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow