An In-depth Discussion of M + Auto-ISO (Very Long!)

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
schmegg
Senior MemberPosts: 5,015
Like?
Re: And in addition...
In reply to howardroark, Oct 7, 2011

howardroark wrote:

Are you saying expose to the right? Um, yeah. Got it. Heard it about eight years ago. Good job. You really needed three pages to say that?

And my answer doesn't support your theory of camera control any more than your lack of understanding does.

Leaving the amplification is like leaving anything else to the camera. If I could connect my brain directly to the camera I wouldn't leave ONE SINGLE THING to the camera. You want to divorce your judgement from the process and act like you're not. Okay, go right ahead.

Arguing with fools is a waste of time. All done.

All well and good, but sometimes you simply don't have time to be fine tuning your exposure. In these situations, particularly in tricky lighting conditions, Auto-ISO will do better than you can do manually - ie. it'll get you closer to the optimum exposure for each frame in your burst than you could possibly do yourself.

So - I don't know if calling other people fools is not dangerously close to 'living in a glass house and throwing stones'!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow