Started Oct 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Another Opinion
Regular MemberPosts: 384Gear list
Like?
Sold Canon Lenses- 4/3 Afternoon at B+H NYC
Oct 7, 2011

I never thought this day would come. I had bought the Pansonic GF1 in 2010 and was disappointed at its speed, shutter lag, just about everything. I had high expectations.

Returned the same week. Bought a Canon 7D and 60D which I eventually sold off because they were so huge. I remeber people questioning my testoterone level when I complained about the size.

Took another dip in February with an epl2 2 lens kit with a 1--42 and 40-150. It was OK but no DSLR replacement. Didn't get alot of use at all.

Now I bought the E-P3 last week. Olympus finally put it all together- speed, auto focus illumination, fast auto focus and built in flash. I still don't understand why Olympus made some of their best camera's with no builtin flash. Especially when you couldn't pump up the ISO without grainy lousy IQ.

Enthusiast yes- city boy. Not a mountain climber but I love my cameras and love my gear. I finally have committed to giving up my DSLR and going full blown 4/3. I'm convinced I have seen the future.

I don't know if anyone will read my drivel but it's cathartic to spell it out. So i went on a trip to the big city and went to the B+H Superstore, an amazing place that works like no store I have every seen with it's conveyor belt assembly line type selling equipment- this store is a trip. If you haven't been there it's a long story in and of itself and worth the venture.

I tried out the famed 14-150 and it is fast; and I loved it. Next I checked out the 9-18 and I found my wide zoom. Beautiful. The I tried out the 12mm prime and I really was fablungit, incredibly fast - a piece of art.

So i have two 4/3 bodies, one of which I really love and 3 lenses, only 1 of which I intend keeping. I ordered the 45 1.8 from Japan and hope to see it next week.

Now for the rest of my kit.

9-18, 20, 14-150 for walkabout and Macro convertor or

12mm, 20mm, 45mm, 45-175 when it's released

So many choices yet far less than before.

My 70-200 and 17-55 Canon are sold. I'm keeping a Rebel body and 15-85 as a backup camera but my main system will be 4/3.

Just the usual question of what lens to buy next.

Thanks for reading.

-- hide signature --

Respectfully submitted

Another Opinion's gear list:Another Opinion's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow