Some thoughts about 36 Mp D800' rumour...

Started Oct 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,007Gear list
Like?
Re: Agree ... the D700 is not a competitor to the 5D ...
In reply to RedFox88, Oct 7, 2011

vs. your regurgitations of your POV?

"I feel Nikon did what they could at the time with the d700. Nikon designed the d3/d700 sensor and probably didn't have the capabilities and/or resources to include video at that time nor could they do higher pixel count without resorting to using the Sony 24 MP sensor which may have (at the time) made the potential selling price too high for Nikon's target price. Both the d800 and 5D3 will have 1080p video and high pixel count this time."

What, the D700 is more an accident of fate, a collection of parts available, rather than a well thought out design?

"I fail to see how higher resolution could reduce how a photographer could use it?! Nikon's d1 and d2 cameras, which were aps-c and rather noisy, were used by photographers for concerts, sports, pj, street, landscapes, studio and I am so sure a 36 MP FF dSLR will be much less noisy than either the d1 or d2 while giving great cropping ability. It would be like using a d7000 but having the wide view recorded too if needed."

Not noise, but RAW file size, lens and hardware requirements. Could that be why the 1Ds and D3X have slower FPS, and are not widely used by action shooters? Wouldn't 36 MP push that even further?

Perhaps one of us missed the mark in our responses, but I believe I expanded vs. regurgitated. Regardless, happy shooting to you as well.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow