Hmmmm.... S100 or iPhone 4S?

Started Oct 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,543Gear list
Like?
Re: Hmmmm.... S100 or iPhone 4S?
In reply to olyflyer, Oct 6, 2011

olyflyer wrote:

I have had cameras in my phones for a few years now but have not seen any image worth saving yet out of any of them, regardless who is using them.

I have seen some very nice photography projects done entirely with cameraphones, already a few years ago. Some in books, or blown up to poster size. But this was 'Art', not something one would judge only by the technical quality of the images.

People were making great images with 2 Megapixel camera's 10-15 years ago, and the first photographers where making some great images with cameras that produced much blurrier and noisier images than the iPhone 4S. A real artist can produce something worthwile with almost any tool.

But in general of course, cameraphones are geared for shapshots and not for serious photography. So what comes out will usually be a snapshot at best.

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow