Some thoughts about 36 Mp D800' rumour...

Started Oct 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 29,029
Like?
Re: Some thoughts about 36 Mp D800' rumour...
In reply to Lance B, Oct 6, 2011

Lance B wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Lance B wrote:

photoforfun wrote:

• 18 Mp x 2 as Fuji did or real 36 Mp ?

• 36 Mp FX for 300.000 yen? How will recent D3x buyers feel? I know, same story happened with D1x owners when D70 appeared for 1/4th of the price, but still...

• 36Mp FX means 16Mp DX, no intention by Nikon for a pro DX cam anymore?

This would be a good idea. By using the crop mode of the D800 (at 36Mp), we can have DX mode of 18Mp and save needing another DX body.

You can always get that whatever the camera by fitting a TC on the back of your DX lens, you'll get better results than the crop mode.

That is true, but what happens when I've reached my limit of 300 + 2x TCIII that IO own? What then? The point is, I use the lenses I've got and to have a D800 with 36Mp means that I do not need to carry round a DX crop camera like the D7000. One day I will possibly get the 500 f4 but until then, the lenses I have are the lenses I have if the D800 is 36Mp having a D800 with a crop to DX at 18Mp will be brilliant. Also, you can never have enough reach, and so a DX crop on 36Mp even with a 600 f4 + 1.4x TC would be a benefit.

OK, I agree, in the end reach is always a benefit of high pixel density.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow