ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LPG
LPG
Contributing MemberPosts: 946
Like?
Switched to Sony
Oct 6, 2011

I sold my 5Dll and many of my larger L lenses. I bought a Sony Nex-5n.

I had my 5D ll since Dec. 2008. Although I truly enjoyed that camera since the last year I found myself using my G9 almost all the time. The bulk of the 5Dll and its lenses was the main reason for it to stay on the self.

My first impression of the Nex-5n: I am impressed and delighted with its capabilities and IQ. Very very Light, powerfull, versatile and very simple and intuitive with its touch screen and almost all the capability and IQ of the 5Dll.

For now, until Sony comes out with more lenses for the E mount, I kept many of my L lenses that I can use with the Canon to E mount adaptor.

This little camera is also a computer, with help files, touch screen and all. This is only the start of the next photographic revolution. Why carry a huge and heavy bag when you can pocket it all.

I am sure many on this and other DSLR forums made the same swith or are thinking about it. I am curious to read some die-hard large DSLR users opinion on this subject.

LPG

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GoodNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow