Iphone 4S - Could this be the end of comsumer DC?

Started Oct 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pondpond
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Iphone 4S - Could this be the end of comsumer DC?
Oct 6, 2011

I understand this topic may not be relevant to m4/3.

The specs in the new iphone 4S camera looks pretty damn good as a carry around phone camera. In fact, I don't see any reason why I would want to carry a point & shoot anymore (my current p&s is a Fuji F200fd).

I think this new iPhone can cover 90% of my daily shooting and the remaining 10% will be on my mirrorless m4/3 when I am fully equip.

Could this be the end of the lower end compacts (e.g. Pana FX, ZS; Sony WX, TX; Canon IXUS; Fuji Z, J,A series)?

Iphone 4S Specs

8-megapixel camera (back-illuminated sensor; claims 73% better light capture than iphone 4)
f2.4 (iPhone 4 was 2.8)
5 lens element (claims 30% sharper image than iPhone 4)
Autofocus
Tap to focus
Face detection in still images
LED flash
Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
Video stabilization
Front camera with VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second
Photo and video geotagging
Start up time 1.1 sec
Shot to Shot time 0.5 sec

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Zr1New
YepNew
No.New
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow