x100 w/ interchangeable lenses announced?

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,222Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 FF -what mount?
In reply to alexzn, Oct 5, 2011

In the cinematography industry Fujinon lenses are regarded as the best and most expensive lenses on earth. Pirates of the Caribbean was shot with Fujinon glass as was many other big blockbuster movie productions. Production companies under the Disney umbrella are some of Fujinon's biggest customers as is National Geographic from what I have read. Fujinon also produce lenses for the medical, aeronautics, scientific, instrumentation, food and manufacturing industries all over the world.

My bet this new interchangeable lens camera will (and should) have its own Fujinon mount and the glass available for it will be purpose designed, developed and manufactured and will be exceptional quality ... but expensive.

The economies of an interchangeable lens cameras are much different from just producing cameras. Cameras give a single contribution to the bottom line (when they are purchased). But producing a range of lenses and accessories to support the camera and the contribution to the bottom line just keeps on keeping on.

I am sure Nikon made a heap more money than Fuji out of the Fuji S3 and S5 Pro DSLR's just on the sale of lenses and accessories alone. My bet is Fuji are not going to make that same mistake again.

At the end of the day we are all just assuming stuff and airing thoughts, but I reckon it is brillant news Fujifilm will do a serious level interchangeable lens camera.

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow