When Will Canon Ever Release a Medium Format Camera Like The Pentax 645D?

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Techblast
Regular MemberPosts: 155
Like?
When Will Canon Ever Release a Medium Format Camera Like The Pentax 645D?
Oct 5, 2011

Is Hasselblad, Pentax and Mamiya the only players in the Digital Medium Format professional photography space? I do a fair amount of wide format printing on a Canon ipf-8300 Photo Printer and can certainly see the need for larger digital image sensors and am somewhat at a loss as to why Canon has NOTHING to offer in Medium Format market.

Up until my purchase of a Canon ipf8300 PRINTER I was perfectly fine with Canon's Full Frame Sensor, but after seeing vivid images printed at 44"x65" I began questioning my need for a larger Digital Camera Sensor. So I am waiting to see what Canon's next generation of full frame sensors looks like and certainly I will consider this upgrade after a careful demo and print tests with my IPF8300. I am hoping this will provide the improvement I would like to see, because if it does not the next Camera is $10,000 plus lenses (OUCH). Even Ansel Adams knew a Century ago that a large 8x10 negative gave print results that made his photos a benchmark that still stands today.

PS: I use all of the best software like Dx0, Lightroom 3.x, Creative Suite 5.1 and no matter how I try to prepare a .CR2 Canon Raw file for print, I feel the final results are missing the critical resolution I need for Wide Format Printer.
--

5D MK-II, 30D, 7D, Sony DSC F828, Fuji F31fd, 430EX,580EX, 580EXII, Canon EF-S 10-22, 17-40 L, 24-105 IS L, 70-200 f2.8L, EF 28-300 L IS, 44" Canon iPF-8300 Photo Printer

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
filmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow