VF-2 Shadow Detail Inferior to EPL3 LCD? (VF-3 any better?)

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
elavoie
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
VF-2 Shadow Detail Inferior to EPL3 LCD? (VF-3 any better?)
Oct 5, 2011

I just took my EPL3 and VF-2 viewfinder out for the first time and actually found that darker areas in the image were harder to see in the VF-2 than the tilt screen on the VF-2. I tried adjusting the brightness and color temp of the viewfinder through the camera, but I just couldn't get it as good as the EPL3. I've read some really positive reports here about the VF-2, so I am very dissapointed. Has anyone else noticed this? How about with the VF-3?

It also must have caught it on my strap at one point since the VF-2 popped off my camera and fell on the ground. I know I could get a VF-3 with a locking feature, but I think the bigger problem is that the VF protrudes too much from the body making it vulnerable to getting bumped. I'd rather have the viewfinder positioned on the body so it is recessed more or somehow could fold out of the way. Maybe this could be done by having an attachement point on the corner.

elavoie's gear list:elavoie's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PL3
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow