Hmmmm.... S100 or iPhone 4S?

Started Oct 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
PaulRivers
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,414
Like?
Re: Hmmmm.... S100 or iPhone 4S?
In reply to John.Laninga, Oct 5, 2011

lol, you could read my comments on the dpreview article to, but there's 2 things that I can't get over -

1. A Flash.

The lack of a decent flash. As far as I know at least. I haven't seen LED flashes do even a usable, acceptable good job yet. A friend of mine keeps trying to take pics with her smartphone and flash on, flash off, they're always a mess - the kind of mess where people like me who just want facebook quality are going "Do I...do I even know what's going on there?".

2. Low Light No Flash - the s95 still produces decent photos in average indoor lighting with no flash. It's right on the edge of being able to do it, but it does it. I can only imagine this is completely impossible with the iPhone camera (or any smartphone camera).

I could live without optical zoom, with somewhat lower pic quality, etc etc. That would be fine. It's the indoor stuff that constitutes half or more of my pictures that gets me.

Of course you'd still have your s95. Hmm...that's a tough call...there's no way to know for sure until you try it, but once you try it you're committed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow