Adobe Lightroom 3 @ HALF PRICE today only!

Started Oct 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,602Gear list
Like?
Re: Adobe Lightroom 3 @ HALF PRICE today only!
In reply to Walter S Matthews, Oct 4, 2011

Walter S Matthews wrote:

I just went to their web site and they list it at $299. Is there something special I have to do to get that price?

You MIGHT have needed to click the link from the email, Walter, which I didn't provide (nor the link to the page it sent me to), since I was a bit concerned I might be "dancing on the edges" of the TOS.

At any rate, it appears we BOTH missed the deal, anyway, as it EXPIRED at NOON today, rather than at MIDNIGHT, as such deals usually do.

I have grave concerns over this, as the email clearly stated the sale was FOR 24 HOURS, ONLY (I NOW see that the sale was to end at 11:59 a.m., today, in very fine, gray print, at the bottom of the email, but I swear that wasn't there last night... Then again, I was dead tired when I read it, which was part of the reason I didn't jump then -- that and I wanted to get a bit of feedback from the forum.

At any rate, the sale DID NOT give ME 24 hours, as I received my email at 11:45 p.m., and they closed the sale at 11:59 a.m. today, so as far as I'm concerned that's FALSE ADVERTISING !!! And yeah, all the all-caps is because I'm SERIOUSLY TICKED OFF at B&H right this minute, since I was pretty sure I had the rest of today to place that order!

I'm considering pursuing a false advertising claim against them with the FCC, SEC and/or Interstate Commerce Commission, unless they agree to honor that sale price for me (even though they're now saying it's temporarily out of stock). I don't care if it's out of stock -- I can wait. But I EXPECT my sale price!
Jeff

-- hide signature --

May the Blessings Be.

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow