Is it rude to bring DSLR to wedding?

Started Sep 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
aman74
Senior MemberPosts: 2,787
Like?
Re: Is it rude to bring DSLR to wedding?
In reply to Figsbury, Oct 4, 2011

Figsbury wrote:

Was at a small wedding only last weekend and there must have been 5 guests shooting with DSLRs. I've only got a good quality compact (Sigma DP2) and felt just like David Bailey in the old Olympus Trip Ad.

I always steer well clear of the Pro and the formal line ups - no point in replicating what they are paying someone for. Try to do something different that will complement the official shots - candids, waitresses pouring the champagne, children playing, that sort of thing. You can often get a shot that will be much more meaningful to the couple. Of course sometimes the couple are just not into photos and you don't even get a thankyou - happened to me a couple of times (and no, the shots weren't poor).

Why would they thank you? They probably thought it was obnoxious to have a guest with a DSLR getting all snap happy.

Seriously, what's the point as a guest to bring a serious camera? If they wanted extra pics they would ask for them.

I'm with the posters who feel it's tacky. Not only that, I fail to see the point or motivation of the people who do it other than selfish motivations.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow