Sony NEX5N grabs gold at 79%- worried for the NX200.

Started Oct 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?
Sony NEX5N grabs gold at 79%- worried for the NX200.
Oct 4, 2011

considering that it is 10% higher than the NX10's rating. (if i remember correctly, the only thing the NX10 scored better on when i was comparing the two was metering and ergonomics).

even more pressure on the NX200!

sorry if you guys are tiring of the comparisons, but it's just a lot of decision making. currently the only thing that keeps me to the NX system is the promise of a better sensor, and the already realized ergonomics and user interface. samsung is kind of lacking in features and sensor.

BTW, while we're on the topic, i feel like a boatload of features is the norm- like Sony has a high res panorama sweep, HDR modes, twilight mode, etc. that are all genuinely useful in certain cases. whereas i feel like samsung's cameras barely have any features- a few filters and small edits in playback. yes, they have a sweep panorama but it doesn't really compare.

in light of a worse sensor, i feel like samsung's lack of features is often ignored, but it makes the camera feel kind of hallow. they're great cams, but sometimes i wish there were more things to utilize and play around with on more casual shoot outs.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow