Maybe a Dumb question - T2i

Started Oct 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
confyushis
Contributing MemberPosts: 827Gear list
Like?
set t2i to Av mode ...
In reply to mrapb, Oct 3, 2011

the t2i (as a compact model) doesn't have enough wheels/dials to simultaneously perform all of the functions you ask. the quickest way to allow the dial to change aperture without a simultaneous button press is to set the camera to Av mode.

the 60d is the next mid-size model in the canon lineup that has 2 dials that can do what you ask in Manual mode. the top dial by the shutter button will change shutter speed. the circle dial near the thumb will change aperture.

the 60d and t2i share the same sensor (essentially) but the 60d has a moving LCD, faster continuous drive, is weather-sealed, etc.

hope you find what you're looking for ...

mrapb wrote:

Im really sorry if this a dumb question, Im new to the Canon brand.... On the T2i- In Full MANUEL mode, how do I get the camera to change the aperture without pushing the "Av" button and turning the dial? Right now when I move the dial it changes the shutter speed, I want the camera to change the the aperture just by turning the dial and not pushing the "Av" button in manuel mode....
Thanks in advance!

confyushis's gear list:confyushis's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow