Started Oct 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
makeitso
Regular MemberPosts: 150
Like?
NEX-5n RAW + JPEG - Picture saving problems
Oct 3, 2011

Since the recent support of LR for the NEX-5n I started to shoot RAW + JPEG. But in this first real set I downloaded (about 70 photos with a few sweep panoramas and an accidental video which I deleted in camera) I have 5 repeat JPEG's and 6 repeated RAWS straight OOC. There's zero movement/exposure difference so the camera just rewrote the just captured image over the previous one. Additionally strange is there's one instance where the RAW file is repeated three times.

In all instances it's the later image that's rewritten on upon the earlier image. eg. Picture 002 will overwrite picture 001. Additionally never did the camera hiccup and screw up both the JPEG AND the RAW. Seems like for every shot I at least have a JPEG or a RAW but in 11 instances of out 70 I don't have both.

In use I did occasionally let the camera go into sleep mode or there's a few times when I switched it off. I have no idea if this mattered or not as it seems that the majority of the repeated RAWS/JPEGS were shot w/o turning off the camera or letting it sleep. The flash card I'm using is an in camera formatted SanDisk Extreme HD Video SDHC which hasn't had any issue shooting straight JPEGS. All shots aside from the sweep panaramas were shot in "A" mode with either the kit lens or a manual Minolta lens but this phenomenon doesn't seem tied to which lens was on.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?? The only setting aside from changing from JPEGS to RAW + JPEG I've changed recently is changing the display color to black but I'll change it back to the default white but I can't imagine that's causing it. Thanks in advance.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow