Second Event With the NEX 5N... (some help, please)

Started Oct 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,425Gear list
Like?
Second Event With the NEX 5N... (some help, please)
Oct 3, 2011

I'm liking the camera a LOT. So much so, I listed all my DSLR equipment for sale today. I can't imagine walking (and standing) for 7 hours on 2 days of shooting at the Atlanta Petite LeMans race this weekend with all that gear on my back (and neck). The track is a 2 and a half mile track and I must have walked around it to the tune of 12-15 miles. And if I wasn't walking, I was standing.

(and I smiled a bit as I held my camera above the 6-foot pit fence and focused/composed while looking at the articulated screen as others with DSLRs did a variation of it...point in the general direction, focus, and check to see what they got)

Anyway, I am plagued by 2 things and would like some help as one item needs a suggestion and the other I can't seem to find.

(1) I can't tell you how many times I managed to accidently press the exposure compensation and run it down to -3. I'm guessing I need to reassign that somehow to something a bit more innocuous.

Have any of you changed it and if so, to what?

(2) Once I give up on autofocus and tap the screen to tell it where to focus, what's the easiest way to return it to multi-point focus? For an emergency method, I've been pressing the Mode button twice. Is there an easier way to do that?

PS: I found out I can load iBooks app on my iPhone and load PDFs to it and it handles it like a book. I've put the full manual on my iPhone and it handles like a book. Very nice!
--

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow