One Samsung Advantage?

Started Aug 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Brond1
Regular MemberPosts: 323Gear list
Like?
Re: Are camera retailers confused?
In reply to Greynerd, Oct 2, 2011

I wonder how unusual this situation is in retailing: ie Samsung is a huge company, taking on other giants like Apple both commercially and in the patent courts: so it's feisty. And yet the NX system is caught in stagnating eddy. Do big companies do this.. leave some departments to become orphans??

I love the NX10 and have been waiting so long for the 16mm that I've almost given up. The photographer in me is pleased with what I've got but disappointed in the wait for glass and an NX20 that might be faster and have a better viewfinder.

The part of me that is more annoyed is the geeky fanboy: Samsung failing to market and be a visible player, failing to create a buzz, failing to nurture its customers. But I recognise that this aspect is separate to the quality and usefulness of the Samsung photographic equipment I have at this moment.

Brond1's gear list:Brond1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow