Tiny CinemascopE (GH2 + small Berthiot anamorphic 2X)

Started Oct 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sebfarges
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
Tiny CinemascopE (GH2 + small Berthiot anamorphic 2X)
Oct 1, 2011

http://vimeo.com/29881958

I've found on Ebay for 41€ a Berthiot anamorphic 2X lens. I'm very happy because it is so small and so light, this is my first anamorphic experience, and it is not bulky at all !

I have attached it to a C-mount Fujian 35mm 1.7 with a ring and scotch tape. Badfully my fujian has problems with it's aperture and focus ring, but I'm going to buy another one ASAP, and will have one of the lightest and smallest anamorphic system for the GH2 !

The Berthiot anamorphic lens seems to be very rare, I did not find any trace of it on google, maybe it's for Super 8mm... The result is, at my opinion, very sharp, event @ the 1.7 Fujian aperture I've always have on this movie.

When I put it on the Fujian, the picture goes wider, maybe going from 35mm to 16mm. I do not use ETC at all, and there's a very light light vignetting.

I've streched it with Premiere in post production with the "transformation effect" with 66 scale height, it seems to be the good process...

GH2 720P mode
Nostalgic mode
Berthiot anamorphic 2X lens
Fujian 35mm 1.7 C-mount lens always @ 1.7
Shutter speed from 1/50 to 1/4000
from 160 to 3200 ISO
Edited on Premiere CS5

Music : Metronomy "The Look"
--
seb farges

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow